A Michigan startup company success story
The year was 1988. The city was Livonia, Michigan. The guy was a bored tech company employee. He enjoyed the challenge and satisfaction that came with creating programs that improved efficiency so he founded Datapak as a technology solutions company.
A fulfillment company by accident
Following success of Datapak’s proprietary Order Management System, a client asked us to also provide distribution services. We were good at that, too. As we helped our clients grow, we created custom programs and expanded services to include customer service, ecommerce website development and marketing. Demonstrated client growth made us one of the go-to providers within the fulfillment industry and earned us referrals and repeat business.
While other fulfillment companies honed their one-size-fits-all business models, we excelled by inventing technology and solutions to help our clients exceed growth expectations and better serve its customers. Coupled with our technological developments, our clients appreciated our strategic, future-shaping marketing insight to our clients.
Today, as one of the leading ecommerce partners, we remain energized by our clients’ business and brand goals and the evolution of technology.
- Takes spot as leading subscription commerce fulﬁllment company
- Further enhances subscription / auto-ship program capabilities, delivering unparalleled ﬂexibility
- Introduces DP250, an ecommerce website development and marketing agency under its brand umbrella
- Delivers various services for consumer ecommerce-based clients that outgrew popular shopping platforms
- Becomes key fulﬁllment partner for several Fortune 500 clients
- Enhances continuity auto-ship program that contributes to the extreme growth of client Bare Escentuals
- Unveils true, real-time order processing, among the ﬁrst in the industry to do so
- Launches sister company, Forward Information Technologies, to improve payment processing experience for growing list of ecommerce-based clients
- Develops ﬁrst client ecommerce site
- Beginning with client ABC News, dramatically impacts the news industry as the leading TV program transcript- ordering partner
- Becomes leading, go-to fulﬁllment provider for brands with subscription / auto-ship / membership programs (ancestor of today’s subscription commerce) due to reporting technology and highly ﬂexible offerings
- Founded as order management and technology services provider in Livonia, Michigan